We have been on it for about 2 weeks and so far not going too bad. The hardest part for me is having to read labels and be more mindful of what or why we purchase consumer products to create a meal. I have stopped all products containing artificial dyes, and preservatives, all cow milk and started buying more organics since they are readily available at most stores.
I am surprised at the amount of energy and that my dd's are not missing out on any foods they love. We have started shopping more locally instead of making a quick stop at Wal-mart or other big chain stores....and started on local food markets, Whole Foods and other earth-friendly stores like Aldi. I enjoy the time shopping knowing that I am making a difference how ever small it may be and helping to teach my daughters how to shop smart and eco-friendly. We carry our own bags and choose to buy recycled boxes when ever possible. I have also changed vitamins for my girls, and stopped unnecessary use of prepped /prepackaged food, whenever possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment